Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A beautiful day to remember

While looking through our photos, I found a particular picture that remembered me a happy, beautiful spring day. As I thought that it deserves  to have a special place, I decided to craft for it a picture frame.

Here it is:




If you'd like to craft such a picture frame for you or as a personalized gift,  I'll try to give you some simple instructions.

For this, you'll need 2 pieces of cardboard or construction paper, scissors, paper glue, a pencil, a ruler and of course, your favorite picture.



According to the picture dimensions, you could create your own pattern following the same ideas.

Below I'll describe step by step how I craft my picture frame:
1. As my photo had 10 cm x 15 cm, I cut the silver color cardboard according to the following dimensions: 15 cm (height) x 20 cm (width).
2. Cut a line as in the image below, letting 1cm on the right and 1 cm on the left.
3. Cut the black cardboard in order to obtain 28 cm (height) x 18 cm (width).
4. Fold it into 2.


5. On the back side of one part make some lines with the pencil as in the image below.
6. Cut through the lines beginning from the center until X.
7. Fold the 4 parts in exterior, cut them as in the image and glue them.
8. Put your photo and glue it to the back side.
9. Introduce the black frame into the cut silver cardboard and the picture frame is well done!

Feel free to leave a comment if you managed to cut a similar one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment